How to Respond to an ADR: Step-by-Step Directions
StreamedFeb 14, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Postpayment additional documentation requests (ADRs) are occurring nationally in both home health and hospice.
Learn the critical steps every agency should take during this stressful process. Don’t be caught off guard. Submitting correct documentation, following the timeline, and putting best practices to work increase your odds of a favorable outcome.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain the ADR process
- Identify agency responsibilities when responding to an ADR
- Discuss the importance of timely submissions
- Identify critical documents to include with medical audit review submissions
- Define the five levels of the Medicare appeal process
Postpayment medical audit reviews continue to increase in hospice and home health. It is not a matter of if your agency will face an ADR, but when. This webinar will serve as a step-by-step guide on how to respond. Take a deep dive into the medical review process and best practices, including documentation recommendations and submission. Agency organization is key to a smooth, successful process and this webinar will detail the necessary steps. Position your agency for an optimal outcome in a challenging situation using best practices and decide whether to handle the process internally or seek external consulting or legal help.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is recommended for board members, administrators, finance staff, executive leadership, clinical managers and supervisors, QAPI personnel, medical directors, liaisons, intake staff, and medical record team members. With medical audit reviews on the rise, all agency personnel will benefit from attending.
- NGS Hospice Documentation Checklist
- Sample ADR patient cover letter
- Prepayment Medical Review Additional Documentation Request (MR ADR)
- Postpayment Medical Review Additional Development Request (MR ADR) Quick Resource Tool
- Hospice Documentation Checklist Tool
- Sample ADR postpayment notification letter
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Clear, specific, helpful guides/tools to help us be successful."
- Patricia, Unicare Hospice, Inc.
"There was some new information about using encrypted CDs to transmit that was helpful."
- Julie, Central Montana Medical Center
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC