Hospice Volunteer Regulations & Opportunities
StreamedJun 15, 2023Duration60 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Don’t get lost in the complex details.
This webinar will break down the CoPs for new volunteer managers and review the nuts and bolts of hospice volunteer regulations in a comprehensive, easy-to-follow way. Compliance is key when it comes to running a high-functioning volunteer program.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Answer the top 10 frequently asked questions from new hospice volunteer managers
- Recognize the five primary Medicare regulations that apply to volunteer services
- Explain key concepts that keep managers on track with meeting the 5% requirement
- Apply 10 policies and procedures that are crucial for volunteer program protection and guidance
- List eight items that should be included in every volunteer file
- Describe key criteria for using licensed professionals as volunteers
This webinar is part of the New Volunteer Manager Training Series. Learn more and save 10% when you purchase the entire series!
Listen to the key takeaways from Gary's new series:
Conversations with new hospice volunteer managers demonstrate that many have similar questions and challenges. The second webinar of this series will focus on maneuvering through the Medicare regulations. It will also cover the top 10 frequently asked questions, such as, “What policies and procedures do I need?” “What are the contents of a volunteer file?” “Can I use professional volunteers?” “How long should volunteer training be?” “What counts (and does not count) towards the 5% and why?” Of course, no conversation about challenges is complete without discussing solutions and opportunities!
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Key policies and procedures
- Job description examples related to covered topics
- Recommended volunteer file contents list
- Volunteer training curriculum list
- Extensive handout with lecture notes and additional learning opportunities
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"This information was very helpful. We are very excited to start the virtual volunteering option. Thank you!"
- Stephanie, Malama Ola Health Services
"I was excited to hear about more virtual opportunities! Also the part about our time counting in the time to explain the work to each volunteer that will help give a small bump in time, every bit helps"
- April, Trinity Hospice
"The webinar had so much great info! Well done!"
- Deb, Season's Hospice
"Gary is very knowledgeable about this area of expertise."
- Sabina, Easterseals Goodwill Northern Rocky Mountain
Gary Gardia Inc.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC