Hospice Volunteer Program Compliance
StreamedApr 11, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Prepare your volunteer program for the end of the Public Health Emergency.
It’s time to ramp up your program to meet the 5% again. Review the requirements of a Medicare hospice volunteer training program. Learn what qualifies towards the 5% and explore numerous program improvement ideas!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Discuss the Conditions of Participation (CoPs) related to hospice volunteer programs
- Identify activities that qualify for the 5% cost savings calculation
- Accurately calculate volunteer time percentages
- Define the role of the hospice volunteer director/manager
Listen to Kathy break down the key takeaways of this new series:
Volunteer programs are considered a core hospice service required by the CoPs. This webinar will focus on key aspects of hospice volunteer programs. It will address the regulations, including which activities qualify for the 5% requirement and how to calculate the overall percentage of volunteer time. It will cover the role of the volunteer director/manager, the requirements for volunteer training programs, and best practices. Having a robust volunteer program has many advantages. Discover how volunteers bring added value to your agency.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for hospice executive leadership, board members, volunteer directors/managers, compliance officers, CFOs, clinical managers, marketing staff, human resources personnel, education and training staff, and business development teams.
- Volunteer cost savings policy and procedure (guidelines)
- Volunteer coordinator/volunteer job descriptions
- Links to:
- Tracking and Reporting Volunteer Activities on the Medicare Hospice Cost & Data Report (CMS-FORM 1984-14)
- Standards of Practice for Hospice
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"I appreciate that Kathy shared a wide spectrum of requirements and expectations for the Volunteer Coordinator. I am relatively new in this role (eight months) and I never dreamed there were so many "hat changes" in just 10 minutes of any day! Her training will help me, and others, to effectively meet the requirements of this position. Great presentation, very much appreciated, thank you."
- Sandra, Wellstar Hospice
"Well organized, well delivered, explained in detail - excellent!"
- Jean, Constellation Hospice
"Great review of materials."
- Ariane, VHS Hospice
"This webinar is full of content regarding not only the reporting, but recruitment & retention as well! Even though I have been in volunteer management for almost 15 years, this was a great review and reminder of the basics."
- Laura, Care Hospice
"Kathy Ahearn was an excellent presenter. She spoke with a caring attitude and was a pleasure to listen to and have present for this course. I have been employed in hospice for over 30 years. She answered all the questions that were put forth. She is an asset to your team. 5 stars!"
- Terry, Care Hospice
This Webinar Appears In
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC