Hospice Medical Director, NP, PA & IDT Compliance
StreamedFeb 28, 2023Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
The medical director is critical in supporting all aspects of Medicare eligibility and the hospice process.
If your agency has a new medical director, NP, or PA, or has challenges with medical audits and denials related to the CTI, physician narrative, or F2F, this is the webinar for you.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of the medical director (MD), nurse practitioner (NP), physician assistant (PA), and interdisciplinary team (IDT) relevant to the CoPs
- Define Medicare hospice eligibility and documentation requirements related to the physician certification of terminal illness (CTI), physician narrative, and face-to-face (F2F)
- Utilize LCDs to support Medicare hospice eligibility and documentation
- Identify what triggers medical postpayment audits and the critical role of the MD and NP related to technical requirements
Listen to Kathy break down the key takeaways of this new series:
This webinar will review the roles and required documentation of the hospice medical director, attending physician, nurse practitioner, and physician assistant. It will review the CoP technical requirements for hospice eligibility, how to support eligibility, and proper documentation. Requirements concerning the certificate of terminal illness and the physician narrative and how to write both effectively will be detailed. The webinar will discuss face-to-face requirements and how to support the CTI and recertification within F2F documentation. How to use LCDs will be detailed along with examples and best practices for documentation related to the CTI, physician narrative, F2F, and IDT notes supporting both initial and ongoing hospice eligibility to avoid potential audits and maintain compliance. The critical function of the IDT and oversight of the plan of care will also be covered.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all executive and clinical leadership, especially hospice medical directors, physicians, nurse practitioners, directors, quality assurance staff, and key IDT members.
- Medical director service agreement, job description, and evaluation samples
- Medicare LCD guidelines
- Weblinks to electronic CoPs and valuable websites
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"Very basic and straightforward for all the questions that you think you know the answers to, but sometimes need that clarification since it seems like things change all the time."
- Stephanie, Los Alamos Visiting Nurses Inc
"Will highly recommend both the speaker and series. Excellent speaker. Very knowledgeable."
- Tamara, Hope Springs Hospice
"No nonsense, very helpful usable information, refreshing."
- David, MultiCare Hospice
"Webinar was easy to access and speaker 's delivery was easy to follow."
- Ritchell, VNS Health
This Webinar Appears In
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC