Hospice Management Part 2: Leadership & Effectively Managing Your Team
October 26, 2022
DateOct 26, 2022Duration120 minutes
12:00 PM PDT01:00 PM MDT
02:00 PM CDT03:00 PM EDT
- Unlimited connections for your agency
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet
- Presenter’s contact info for questions
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Part 2 of this series will focus on leading and managing your hospice team in an environment of extreme oversight!
Learn how to effectively build and maintain your staff through accurate reporting, scheduling, documenting, and the IDG. Discover the necessary skills and competencies of a hospice manager and how a cohesive crew improves patient care and satisfaction.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain the different leadership and management styles and benefits
- Identify effective management styles for your team
- Understand the hospice manager’s role in building and leading the IDG
- Use specific tools to help your team manage eligibility
- Define the role, responsibilities, and competency requirements of a hospice case manager
Part 2 will focus on effective hospice case management and leading a successful team in an environment of extreme oversight. The webinar will review hospice case manager qualifications and the required competencies and necessary skills to provide quality care. Learn how to efficiently set up and manage your team to support eligibility and the hospice process in all areas, including reporting, scheduling, documenting, and the IDG (interdisciplinary group). This webinar will provide tools, recommendations, and processes to help managers/supervisors with communication, motivational and leadership styles, and techniques to maximize team productivity and quality care. It will address how to have difficult discussions with staff members, including improvement plans. Answers to frequent questions managers encounter related to documentation and other challenges will also be covered. If you are new to management or desire a brush up, this webinar series is a must!
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for new and middle managers, as well as manager trainees and trainers. Hospice business owners, leadership teams, DOPCSs, clinical supervisors, directors of nursing, frontline supervisors, human resources personnel, board members, administrators, assistant administrators, business development staff, operations managers, CFOs, and COOs will also benefit.
- Medicare Hospice Local Coverage Determination
- Initial Competency Assessment Skills Checklist – Licensed Practical/Vocational
- Initial Competency Assessment Skills Checklist – Registered Nurse
- Tools, templates, and weblinks/resources for effectively managing staff, including:
- Creating An Effective Hospice Plan of Care
- Underperformance meeting plan - template
- Hospice Documentation Audit Tool
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC