Getting In or Getting Out? Considerations in Buying & Selling Home Health & Hospice Providers
StreamedJun 18, 2020Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Is now the time to expand or sell your agency?
Learn the main considerations in a home health or hospice transaction and how sales and acquisitions can be part of your agency’s strategy.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand the main steps in a home health or hospice transaction
- Explain what due diligence is and its importance
- Consider the key regulatory hurdles in a home health or hospice transaction
- Identify a change of ownership versus a change of information
- Explain the differences between an asset or stock purchase and why that matters during a transaction
The home health and hospice industries are constantly evolving, and providers are evaluating short- and long-term plans. The constant regulatory changes and heightened scrutiny are causing some providers to exit the industry. For others, the evolving environment presents an opportunity to expand operations. Whether deciding to sell or acquire, many owners are unaware of the considerations or where to begin.
Providers must assess issues ranging from determining a company’s worth to the actual sale process. Many unfamiliar concerns can arise, starting with the first letter of intent, to conducting due diligence, to negotiating a purchase agreement, and finally closing. Because health and hospice agencies are heavily regulated, the transactions are complex. There are federal and state regulatory considerations, such as is this a CHOW or a CHOI? What is the 36-month rule? How is billing handled post-closing? This webinar will answer those questions and address the main considerations in home health and hospice transactions.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for owners, executives, management, and administrators.
- Due diligence checklist
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
Robert W. Markette
Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC