Creating a LGBTQ Caring & Inclusive Program
StreamedFeb 27, 2020Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Learn how to elevate your agency’s level of care and understanding for members of the LGBTQ community and their families.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Differentiate between sex, gender, gender identity, and sexual orientation
- Define relevant terminology and abbreviations
- List five key requirements for an LGBTQ inclusive organization
- Explain three dynamics that lead the LGBTQ community (especially seniors) to distrust healthcare professionals
- List four relevant ethical and legal challenges
- Discuss the balance between personal beliefs and compassionate care for all
Healthcare disparities faced by lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer/questioning members of the LGBTQ community occur frequently. Individuals and families, especially during end-of-life care, should not face discrimination or be responsible for educating your staff and volunteers. Would an LGBTQ person reviewing your website and marketing materials feel comfortable and welcomed? This webinar is about elevating the level of care and inclusion for members of the LGBTQ population. It will provide the information and tools necessary for agencies to create and maintain a caring and inclusive program. Ensure your organization is well positioned to accept LGBTQ patients and families and understands the skills/interventions to improve bedside care.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Home Care
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All team and staff members will benefit from this webinar, including leadership, IDT members, and volunteers.
- Language and examples to use in policies, procedures, and marketing materials
- Sample curriculum outline for staff/volunteer orientation and ongoing training
- Checklist to assist in conducting an organization wide assessment
- Handout with additional lecture notes
- Extensive list of resources at the end of the handout and additional resources about specific topics
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
© 2022 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC