Counseling Techniques & Interventions for Spiritual Caregivers
StreamedJan 19, 2023Duration60 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Spiritual caregivers are expertly trained to address the emotional, spiritual, and religious needs of people, families, and support members during end-of-life.
A clear understanding of best-practice counseling techniques and interventions will ensure your spiritual caregiver provides personalized and expert care.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Differentiate between support, counseling, therapy, and psychotherapy
- Define counseling as it applies to the Medicare spiritual counseling requirement
- Evaluate the application of three theoretical frameworks to hospice spiritual counseling
- Discuss cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) techniques that spiritual caregivers can utilize
- Create goals and plans that people can achieve using motivational interview techniques
- Demonstrate each technique presented through common hospice situation examples
Nationally there is considerable confusion about support versus counseling and therapy (or psychotherapy). Some people may say, "We don't do counseling" or "We do counseling with a small ‘c’." Neither of these claims is accurate since Medicare specifically requires that spiritual counseling be provided if the person chooses to accept these services. This is the second webinar in a three-part series. It will address the requirements and qualifications to provide spiritual counseling. You’ll learn theoretical frameworks that are applicable to the work spiritual caregivers do. Methods to conduct and translate spiritual assessments into best-practice interventions will also be covered.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for hospice spiritual caregivers/chaplains and leadership. Fellow team members will also benefit.
- Counseling guide with detailed information on each technique, including how to apply it to specific case examples
- Discussion guide to use with IDT members to initiate conversations about clarifying the role of spiritual caregivers and the importance of IDT contributions to ongoing spiritual assessments
- Extensive list of resources on specific interventions with video demonstrations
- Handout with lecture notes
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
This Webinar Appears In
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC