Counseling Interventions for Social Isolation, Multiple Loss & Complicated Grief
StreamedDec 15, 2022Duration90 minutes
See Registration Options
- Unlimited & shareable access starting
two business days after live stream
- Available on desktop, mobile & tablet devices 24/7
- Take-away toolkit
- Ability to download webinar video
- Presenter's contact info for questions
Move beyond “supportive” and focus on providing specific counseling interventions that fit each person’s risk level and unique situation.
Social isolation has become the “new normal” for many and presents numerous challenges for healthcare providers. This webinar will address counseling interventions for people experiencing social isolation as well as complicated grief and multiple losses.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define key working terminology
- Differentiate between support, counseling, therapy, and psychotherapy
- Explain the requirement and importance for chaplains/spiritual caregivers and social workers to provide direct, specific, and skillful counseling
- Discuss advanced and high-level skills necessary to address social isolation, multiple losses, and complex/complicated grief
- Use specific skills from three evidence-based theoretical frameworks
What are advanced-level skills for social workers and chaplains/spiritual caregivers? This webinar will explore skillsets related to dynamics that are frequently encountered: social isolation, suffering related to multiple losses, and our role in addressing persistent complex bereavement. Understand the CoP requirement, terminology, and intervention types to provide specific high-level end-of-life care and counseling to the bereaved.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for chaplains/spiritual caregivers and social workers, as well as key leaders responsible for their work and supervision.
- Key criteria list for the role of social workers and chaplains/spiritual caregivers as counselors
- Counseling guide that explains and demonstrates interventions from three evidence-based theoretical frameworks
- Personal/professional assessment exercise
- Goal planning exercise
- Additional resources, including lecture notes
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other agencies or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
"It really helped me to understand how to better serve my patients and families."
- Angela, Patriot Health Care
Gary Gardia Inc.
© 2023 FINANCIAL EDUCATION & DEVELOPMENT, INC