This is a 90-minute webinar.
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Take a deep dive into the use of medical marijuana in end-of-life care and the laws and regulations surrounding cannabis use. Familiarize yourself with related medications, and clinical advantages and concerns to provide the highest quality care to your patients.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Describe the history of cannabis use and regulations in the United States
- Examine the endocannabinoid system
- Review the clinical advantages and concerns with cannabis use
- Summarize cannabinoid-related medications
- Identify the current laws and regulations related to cannabis use
Cannabis (marijuana) has recently garnered significant national attention as more states vote to legalize both medicinal and recreational forms of the substance. Cannabis use in end-of-life care is increasingly being sought by patients, and organizations are caught between strict federal regulations and differing state laws. The purpose of this presentation is to review the evidence-based indications for medical cannabis use, as well as a discussion of where it fits into hospice care.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for hospice clinical personnel, including nurses, nurse practitioners, physicians, and medical directors.
- Summary handout
- Website link to state cannabis programs
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.