This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The COVID-19 pandemic has emphasized the need for population health management as care is being provided in alternate settings that carry less risk and are more cost effective.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define and explain the components of a population health management program
- Explain what payer sources are requiring from partners
- Identify potential target populations
- Distinguish between population health management models and effective enhancements such as PIMs and PEs
- Explain the critical role of data, predictive analytics, and technology within a program
- Identify if your agency is ready to participate and support this type of program
Population health management (PHM) has been emerging in response to the transition from fee-for-service to value-based and shared-risk care. Payers are increasingly interested in working with providers based on analytics targeting population health risks that identify patients in need of their services. As a result, patients have been moved into palliative care, hospice, and home health much earlier, thereby improving the quality of life and outcomes while reducing overall healthcare costs.
This webinar will define population health management and the current models. It will review opportunities for PHM programs, the criteria, requirements, and expectations of payers to participate in potential models. It is important to understand payers’ needs and what value and services your agency offers to support the continuum of care and emerging models. By the end of this webinar, you will be able to determine your agency’s readiness to participate in a PHM program.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Home Care
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for board members, executive management, clinical leadership, business development/marketing teams, CFOs, medical directors, palliative care medical directors, intake staff, IT personnel, quality and assurance staff, and case managers.
- A Roadmap for Population Health Management
- Charlson Comorbidity Index
- NCQA’s Approach to Population Health Management
- Population Health PCMH
- Integrating Palliative Care into Population Health Management
- Recalibrating Population Health Management into the Community
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.