10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Do your HR policies address marijuana use and impairment - on and off the job?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand and comply with federal and state marijuana laws
- Assess the legality and effectiveness of zero-tolerance policies
- Comply with anti-discrimination protections and disability-accommodation laws, including ADA and FMLA
- Meet workers’ compensation challenges and Drug-Free Workplace Act requirements
- Weigh conflicting court decisions on disciplining employees and rejecting job applicants
- Test for and prohibit on-the-job marijuana use
- Block medical marijuana users from employment
- Accommodate registered medicinal users
- Recognize and handle suspected impairment
- Manage expectations about on-the-job and off-duty consumption
- Address cannabis oil (CBD) and hemp
- Update policies and procedures to keep pace with evolving legislation and case law
Is your hospice or home care company prepared for legalized marijuana? While marijuana use remains illegal on the federal level, states are swiftly legalizing medical and recreational marijuana use. To date, 33 states and Washington, D.C. have legalized medical use, and 11 states have approved recreational use. Regardless of where your state stands, now is the time for HR professionals and employers to address the challenges of employee marijuana use.
Effective marijuana HR policies and procedures are at the heart of workplace cannabis management. This webinar is designed to help hospice and home care agencies understand, prepare for, and manage marijuana use in compliance with policy, best practices, and the law. Join us to gain an understanding of policy-related issues and procedures. Learn why and how to implement best practices-based marijuana policy to communicate rules, manage expectations, support productivity, ensure safety, and comply with federal and state laws. As the march toward nationwide legalization continues, don’t leave cannabis compliance to chance. Attend this program to learn the ABCs of evolving laws and effective marijuana HR policy and procedures.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must for human resource professionals, managers, executives, training managers, compliance officers, and legal professionals. Anyone responsible for writing, implementing, and enforcing marijuana policy and legal compliance will benefit.
- Whitepaper, Marijuana HR Policy & Best Practices: Handling Employee Medical & Recreational Use
- Legalized marijuana resource list and links
- Interactive quiz
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.