This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Ensure your agency’s level of counseling, care, and understanding for members of the LGBTQ+ community and their families creates the best possible end-of-life experience.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Differentiate supportive interventions from targeted-counseling approaches
- Identify five situations that could present unique challenges for the LGBTQ+ community
- Describe specific counseling approaches to address those unique situations
- Discuss two dynamics that may interfere with obtaining truly informed consent
- List three opportunities that may be missed when focusing specifically on “problems”
- Describe an end-of-life process that helps LGBTQ+ community members find meaning in their experience
While the theoretical frameworks used to provide counseling to members of the LGBTQ+ community remain relatively the same, there are specific dynamics and/or life events that require skill, focus, and sensitivity. Assisting everyone with finding meaning at the end of life is an essential role for hospice workers, even more so with this underserved group. This webinar will explore the unique situations and possibilities for providing the best possible end-of-life experiences for members of the LGBTQ+ community.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Home Care
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will focus on specific interventions that team members qualified to provide counseling at this level can use. However, the entire team will benefit from the insight into serving patients and families within the LGBTQ+ community.
- Organizational assessment exercise related to caring for LGBTQ+ community members
- “Heads-up” guide delineating common areas for concern
- Guide demonstrating specific techniques and interventions
- Links to additional learning opportunities
- Handout with lecture notes
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.