This is a 90-minute webinar.
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Don’t make growing your program harder than it needs to be. Professional hospice volunteers can help agencies not only meet, but exceed the 5% requirement. Understand the Medicare CoPs to ensure volunteers are meeting their full potential and do away with the unnecessary restrictions.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Cite Medicare CoPs related to the use of professional volunteers
- Discuss three common dynamics related to the CoPs and your own agency’s policy restrictions
- List 10 expanded uses for volunteers who have licenses, certifications, ordination, or other qualifications
- Demonstrate the use of policies, training curricula, and other provided resources
- Use three different methods of recruiting and marketing for professional volunteers
There is an increasing need for volunteers as hospice programs continue to expand. However a nationally evolving dynamic is the increase of volunteer restrictions; a situation that is unnecessarily counterproductive to growing a volunteer program. Many agencies place excessive restrictions on volunteers because they do not fully understand the Medicare CoPs governing what volunteers can do. This webinar will focus on expanding the involvement of professional volunteers in a way that increases the ability to provide high-quality care, meet and exceed the 5% requirement, and provide relief to overworked staff. Involving community professionals as volunteers within your program is also an excellent way to market hospice programs and services.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
Don't Miss the Other Intensive Skills Training for New Volunteer Managers Webinars!
Sign up for the 3-part training course!
THIS WEBINAR BENEFITS THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for volunteer managers, volunteers serving on the program’s steering committee, organization leadership, managers, and marketing personnel.
- Applicable Medicare regulations and guidance
- Potential roles for your community professionals as volunteers
- Sample position and program descriptions, training curricula, and evaluation criteria
- Discussion guide to assist with obtaining staff/leadership buy in
- Handout with additional lecture notes, references, and learning opportunities
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.