This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, regulations now require a pandemic risk assessment. Has your agency set up a comprehensive surveillance infection control and prevention program?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Describe the benefits of a comprehensive surveillance program
- Outline how to establish and implement a comprehensive surveillance program
- Define higher-risk areas to incorporate into your surveillance plan
- Distinguish which assessment tools could be beneficial to your program
- Integrate and report infection control surveillance data into your QAPI report
This webinar will explain the necessary components of an infection control and prevention surveillance program during a pandemic, with a focus on the novel COVID-19 virus. It will cover current infection control and prevention regulations and the three pandemic surveillance components: what data to collect, what trends to watch, and what actions to take for both patients and staff. You will also learn how to integrate data and findings into your agency’s QAPI report for more effective patient management during a pandemic.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Home Care
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to agency clinical leadership and management. It will also benefit quality assurance staff, educators, medical directors, administrators, DONs, IT, clinical liaisons who serve the community, and other staff who work within skilled-nursing facilities and support the infection prevention staff.
- Infection Prevention and Control Assessment Tool for Outpatient Settings
- Infection Prevention and Control Assessment Tool for Long-term Care Facilities
- Infection Prevention and Control Assessment Tool for Nursing Homes Preparing for COVID-19
- WHO Guidance for Surveillance During an Influenza (novel) Pandemic
- Standard Precautions: Observation of Hand Hygiene
- Urinary Catheter: Observation
- Infection Control – COVID 19 Tool and Checklist for the COVID-19 Survey
- Revised COVID-19 Focused Infection Control Survey Tool for Acute and Continuing Care
- Interim Final Rule (IFC), CMS-3401-IFC, Additional Policy and Regulatory Revisions in Response to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- Valuable weblinks on infection control
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.