This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
How well has your agency handled the current public health emergency? Now is the time to review your Emergency Preparedness Plan for effectiveness. Learn which areas may need improvement and how to take the necessary action steps.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define the CMS four major content sections required for an agency Emergency Preparedness Plan (EPP)
- Complete a risk assessment and hazards vulnerability analysis
- Write an Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Identify acceptable methods for testing an EPP
- Complete a post agency report and improvement action plan, including integration of new agency emergency measures
- Discuss the critical nature of training and testing the overall emergency management plan
On March 13, 2020, a national emergency was declared regarding COVID-19. This impacted many operations within the healthcare industry, including hospice, palliative, home health, and home care. This webinar will go through the CMS Conditions of Participation and the four content sections requirements that must be included in your agency’s Emergency Preparedness Plan and management program. Learn how to write an EPP and what to include. Participants will be able to complete a risk assessment and a hazards vulnerability analysis, and discover how to integrate an “all hazards” approach into the plan. This program will also address communication, training, and testing requirements, including tools to conduct an emergency management plan review for effectiveness per CMS requirements.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Home Care
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is intended for all board members, executive and agency leadership team members, CEOs, administrators, DOPCSs, clinical supervisors and managers, intake/referral staff, case managers, clinical leadership, clinical liaisons, regulatory/compliance/QA personnel, educators, IT members, clergy, social workers, volunteer coordinators, and medical directors.
- CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule Toolkit: Hospice
- NAHC Home Health Emergency Preparedness Plan and Patient Tracking Template
- CMS After Report and Improvement Plan Template
- Hospice Guidelines to Meet CHAP Emergency Preparedness Standards During the Pandemic
- Emergency preparedness PHI disclosure flow sheet
- Valuable links to resources to help with your EPP
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.