9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Live discharges are when patients’ hospice services must be discontinued due to ineligibility or other reasons. This can often result in feeling like the services we touted are now yanked away. Does your staff know the difference between a revocation and a live discharge and how to continually assess patients’ eligibility? The chances are one in five that a patient will face a live discharge. Therefore, eligibility and live discharge are ongoing issues that should be addressed in IDG. Is your agency prepared for ongoing eligibility assessment, discharge planning, and mechanisms to help patients receive continued support even after hospice services are discontinued? Do you know the characteristics of problematic live discharges? Does your agency use those practices? What live discharge reports and statistics are reviewed by the government? Are you operating under the radar? Attend this informative webinar to learn the answer to these questions and more.
- Regulatory guidance regarding hospice live discharges
- Importance of ongoing eligibility assessment
- The when, who, and how of planning a hospice live discharge
- Characteristics of hospice programs with problematic live discharges
- How to use hospice PEPPER reports and the live discharge data that is the government’s focus
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- NHPCO compliance guide Discharge from the Medicare Hospice Benefit
- New Hospice Condition Code for Out of Service Area Discharges
- Hospice live discharges audit tool
- Hospice PEPPER User’s Guide, 7th Edition
- Newsline NHPCO – A Hospice Provider’s Guide to Live Discharges
- Characteristics of Hospice Programs With Problematic Live Discharges
- Live Discharges Handle with Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all clinical leadership and clinical management/supervisors, QA staff, CFOs, medical directors, staff education RNs, assessment teams, MSWs, and administrators.
DON'T MISS PART 1!
|This program is the second of two in a series
"Effectively Managing Hospice Live Discharges Part 1:
Measuring, Monitoring, Guidelines & Regulations"
Thursday, May 30, 2019
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.