Available Exclusively Through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network!
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
While not much has been written in the CoPs about bereavement, there are several areas where you must ensure regulatory compliance and that quality bereavement care is being provided. One area of concern for hospices is the correlation between bereavement risk assessments and follow-up care for people at medium-to-high risk. The CoPs require bereavement counseling. But which team members are qualified to provide that counseling? This webinar will cover key regulations and offer suggestions for bereavement care and programming, especially with limited staff and resources.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- List of hospice Medicare Conditions of Participation (CoPs) for providing bereavement services
- Define bereavement counseling as it applies to pre- and post-death counseling
- The “qualified professional” CoP requirement
- One process to ensure the bereavement plan of care is individualized
- Requirement to extend bereavement counseling to residents of SNF/NF or ICF/MR facilities
- Ways to move from “compliance” to best practices in bereavement counseling and services
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- List of Medicare regulations
- Program evaluation checklist
- Resources specifically related to hospice bereavement programs
- Handout with lecture notes
- References and additional learning opportunities
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for bereavement professionals, program managers, and team members involved with providing bereavement counseling and services. Senior leadership will also benefit.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.