Thursday, May 3, 2018
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
With CMS’ implementation of Targeted Probe and Educate (TPE), the risk for payment of hospice claims increased significantly. This webinar briefly reviews the TPE model and delves into stated and potential hospice target areas, how they impact operations, and preparation and response plans. Regardless of the probe, there are elements that must be in every medical record to support the hospice claim. This session will review these areas and share trouble spots and solutions for these documents and those pertaining to the current and potential probes. It will also address documentation essentials for long lengths of stay and general inpatient care, proper use of Q-codes, certifications of terminal illness, and election statements.
- TPE model basics and the potential impact on a hospice
- How to know if your hospice is part of Targeted Probe and Educate
- Current TPE topics, where to find them, and how to anticipate future topics
- Problem areas in current probes and possible solutions
- Essential documentation required for every hospice medical record
- Minimizing claim risks
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Audit tools:
- Hospice Medicare Election Statement
- Hospice Medicare Certification of Terminal Illness
- General Inpatient Care
- List of current hospice probes
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is best suited to those dealing in hospice compliance, managers, and administrators.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.