Available Exclusively Through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network!
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Are your patients properly documented and hospice eligible? Are their conditions terminal or chronic? This webinar will focus on the medical review approach of verifying patients’ conditions and meeting eligibility criteria.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Detail the technical eligibility requirements for hospice
- Outline the documentation requirements for patients to meet hospice eligibility upon election/admission and throughout the course of care
- List the elements that Medicare MACs are not accepting as eligibility supporting documentation
- Document the differences between terminal prognosis and chronic condition
Accurate hospice eligibility documentation is critical to fulfilling the CoPs and payment requirements. The lack of supporting documentation for a terminal prognosis is the number one reason for denial. Reviewers often look for a significant decline in patient condition. Although this is not a requirement of hospice care, terminal prognosis is. The webinar will help clinicians document the slightest changes in baseline measures. More importantly, you’ll learn how to capture in documentation the occurring changes that support terminal prognosis – even without a decline in baseline measures. Go beyond the LCDs and common tools for documenting eligibility by drilling down to the details and characteristics that differentiate terminal and chronic patients with the same diagnosis.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for administrators, directors, clinical staff, and intake/admissions staff.
- Dos and don’ts of hospice documentation checklist
- Interactive quiz
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.