This is a 90-minute webinar.
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Did you know videoconferencing and meeting e-tools used by onsite and remote employees generate records and agency risk? Ensure your organization complies with all record retention guidelines for email, social media, mobile device, e-tools, and paper records.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Manage electronic and paper records effectively and compliantly
- Distinguish between business records and non-records
- Define and defend HIPAA’s 18 identifiers for PHI, EPHI, PII, and ESI
- Adhere to HIPAA’s Privacy Rule and Security Rule
- Write effective record retention policies and procedures
- Ensure work-from-home staff comply with record rules
- Determine record lifecycles and produce effective deletion schedules
- Establish record retention rules for email, mobile devices, social media, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Slack, and other electronic tools
- Educate all team members about record retention rules
- Safeguard records with technology tools
- Minimize legal and regulatory liabilities using best practices
Hospices and home care providers face growing record risks. Mismanaged, misplaced, or missing medical and business records are more than a nuisance – they are a liability. You must preserve, protect, produce, and purge records in compliance with HIPAA, federal and state laws, and e-discovery guidelines, including protected health information (PHI), electronically protected health information (EPHI), personally identifiable information (PII), and other business-critical information. Failure to safeguard protected health information could lead to HIPAA investigations, financial penalties, and disgruntled patients. Mismanagement of business records could trigger million-dollar lawsuits, damaged reputations, and decreased revenues.
Don’t leave record retention to chance. Best practices call for establishment of comprehensive record retention policies and procedures. Participants will garner effective strategies for record management along with valuable tools, including a sample record retention policy and guidelines and an informative whitepaper. These resources will establish a baseline for managing records, minimizing risks, and maximizing compliance.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Home Care
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must for anyone responsible for managing electronic and paper records, including records and information managers, compliance officers, health care lawyers, IT staff, human resources personnel, privacy officers, and administrators.
- Record Retention Policy for the Healthcare Industry
- Record Retention Guidelines for the Healthcare Industry
- Record Retention Rules for the Healthcare Industry
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
NOTE: All materials are subject to copyright. Transmission, retransmission, or republishing of any webinar to other institutions or those not employed by your agency is prohibited. Print materials may be copied for eligible participants only.
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.