Hospice 101: The Basics for New Staff
Thursday, January 25, 2018
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The demand for hospice programs will continue to grow due to CMS hospital re-admission penalties. Therefore, agencies must meet the demands of providing consistent onboarding to both novice and experienced staff. Designed to provide the basics for new staff, this webinar will focus on the Medicare and Medicaid Hospice Conditions of Participation regulations, hospice philosophy and values, the purpose of the interdisciplinary team, and data reporting requirements. It will address difficult conversations for new staff and identify rehospitalization risks with the objective of improving company, patient, staff, and contractor outcomes.
- Hospice philosophy and values
- Hospice eligibility, length of stay, and levels of care
- CMS Conditions of Participation: focus on patient care and core and noncore services
- Regulatory requirements: Hospice Item Set (HIS), Notice of Election and Termination Revocation (NOE/NOTR).
- What is not covered under the hospice benefit
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- The Medicare hospice benefit
- Hospice values competency grid (novice, proficient, expert)
- Difficult conversations: a tool to help new staff
- Questions about hospice care – a caregiver’s guide to selecting a hospice
- Hospice interdisciplinary team grid
- Links to resources: how hospice works, hospice CFRs, and hospice and respite care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all new staff in an onboarding program, education and staff developers, clinical managers and supervisors participating in a “blended” onboarding program, clinical staff requiring a refresher, and potential home healthcare and hospital administrators interested in starting a hospice program and learning the basics.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide hospice webinars on compliance, regulations, volunteer management, human resources, ICD-10, billing, post-acute care & other topics. For more information on hospice education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.