Available Exclusively Through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network!
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
As live discharges continue to draw the interest of CMS, the OIG, and MedPac, it is critical for your agency to proactively monitor and manage this complex, challenging regulation. This webinar will address live discharges from many important perspectives: business, beneficiary rights, and regulatory compliance. It will cover the five types of live discharges, regulations for each, and how to audit and work with frontline staff to be more proactive. Participants will receive an audit tool and learn to use monitoring tools and reports for benchmarking and measuring compliance as a way to prevent unwanted scrutiny.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- What the regulations say and mean
- When can a live discharge be initiated? By whom?
- Importance of monitoring and measuring
- Government agencies’ focus
- How to use hospice PEPPER reports
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- MedPac 2019 CMS recommendations on live discharges
- New Hospice Condition Code for Out of Service Area Discharges
- Hospice PEPPER User Guide Eighth Edition
- Medicare Claims Processing Manual
- Hospice Live Discharges Audit Tool – link
- Links to valuable websites
DON'T MISS PART 2!
|This program is the first of two in a series
"Effectively Managing Hospice Live Discharges Part 2:
Eligibility Assessment, Documentation, Discharge Planning & the Care Continuum"
Thursday June 6, 2019
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all clinical leadership and clinical management/supervisors, QA staff, CFOs, medical directors, staff education RNs, assessment teams, MSWs, and administrators.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.