Available Exclusively Through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network!
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
This session will review the major changes in the Home Health Conditions of Participation. The entire philosophy has changed, effectively putting the patient in an active, rather than a passive, role. Having patient-centered CoPs requires the clinician and home health agency to understand and comply during the entire home health admission, not just at the beginning. Join this webinar to learn more about the changes, the Patient Rights Condition, documentation, and administration and personnel Conditions.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits
- Overview of key changes
- First changes in three decades
- New conditions: QAPI and infection control
- Expanded patient rights
- Big changes to aide services
- Evolving plan of care
- Principles of new CoPs: patient-centered care, integrated care team, improving patient outcomes, and expanding patients’ rights
- Patients’ rights
- Patient and selected representative included in all aspects of care
- Transfer and discharge policies given to patient
- Written information given to patients – details of condition reviewed
- All detailed changes in patients’ rights CoP
- Organization and administrative services – subunits eliminated
- OASIS reporting and release of information – revisions to CoPs
- Personnel qualifications: administrator – new qualifications
- New clinical manager designation – can have more than one, and can be therapists
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Participants will be given an overview of key changes, CoP principles, and details of each condition, along with a link to the final CoPs State Operations Manual
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for home health administrators, clinical directors, clinical managers, QAPI coordinators, field staff, office staff, and clinicians.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.