Hospice Manager Series: Coaching & Guidance: Ensuring Everyone Knows Where They Are Headed & How to Get There
Thursday, March 16, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
We all want self-motivated employees that are good problem solvers and flexible with changes. But, we can’t expect people to know what we want or foster self-motivation if we use a controlling management style. Being too controlling makes employees more inclined to ask you how to solve their problems. Equally ineffective is waiting until the annual evaluation to give employees feedback. The solution is a more participative and consultative management style known as coaching. This webinar will focus on essential coaching processes and skills to ensure managers know how to provide clear supervision about where they are headed and how to get there. Having clear goals and plans is an effective way to retain good employees and minimize poor performance – or coach out people who are not a good fit.
- Common misperceptions about coaching
- Differentiate coaching from counseling (a more directive approach used to take corrective action)
- Establish clear and measurable short-term and strategic long-range goals
- Create plans that are easily achievable to reinforce success
- Mentoring, online videos/resources, and other educational materials to encourage learning and development
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Handout with additional lecture notes
- Resources for key topics
- “Managers as Coaches” assessment exercise
- Discussion guide to use with agency managers
- A guide to introduce the coaching process to employees
- Sample forms for coaching sessions and follow-up
Don't Miss the Other Hospice Manager Series Webinars!
Sign up for the 4-part series!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This skill-focused webinar is designed for all managers – new, experienced, and those considering a management role. Senior leadership will also benefit because this information will assist in establishing organizational management strategies that support strategic plans.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.