9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
How prepared is your organization to handle a pandemic? Have you conducted a risk assessment on patients and staff to prepare for COVID-19?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define what COVID-19 is, how it spreads, and how to prevent the virus and infection
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your Emergency Preparedness Plan (EPP) for COVID-19
- Assess your high-risk patient population, staff, and healthcare facilities using tools recommended by leading healthcare organizations
- Explain your organization’s responsibilities during a pandemic to patients, staff, and the public
- Immediately prepare for this current public health crisis and strategically assess ongoing actions to handle it
The world is facing a possible pandemic. Now is the time to strategically prepare – not panic. Can your organization handle a pandemic? More specifically, COVID-19? This webinar will address people who have and haven’t contracted the virus, including patients, family, staff, caregivers, communities, and facilities, with an emphasis on hospice patients in long-term care.
Start preparing by learning what the novel COVID-19 is and how to:
- Prevent the spread
- Assess staff and patients for risk
- Educate staff, patients, and your community
You’ll learn how to review your agency’s EPP for pandemic preparedness. A tabletop exercise will be provided to help you conduct a gap analysis and identify required updates to maintain CMS compliance. Participants will also receive the latest recommendations to optimize EPP and policies regarding infection control and prevention.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This timely webinar will benefit all agency administration, management, clinical managers, quality assurance and infection control (QAPI) staff, human resources staff, educators, board members, medical directors, community liaisons, marketers, admission team nurses, IDG/IDT members, and all healthcare personnel who provide patient care.
- Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) COVID-19 Healthcare Planning Checklist
- CDC’s Strategies for Optimizing the Supply of N95 Respirators
- The World Health Organization’s (WHO) Critical Preparedness, Readiness and Response Actions for COVID-19
- WHO simulation tabletop exercise which includes participant and facilitator guidelines and feedback form for agencies who want to conduct a tabletop drill in their communities
- WHO documents regarding infection control and prevention, PPE, and home care for patients suspected with COVID-19
- Website links to the latest documents, education, and daily novel COVID-19 updates
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Infection Control & Prevention: How to Implement & Integrate a Comprehensive Surveillance Program during a Pandemic (COVID-19)"
Wednesday, April 25, 2020
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.