9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Save 10% when you buy this webinar in the
2020 Managing Hospice Live Discharge Package. Click here to learn more!
Are you proactively managing and monitoring your live hospice discharges? Take a deep dive into understanding the regulations, educating staff, utilizing PEPPER reports, staying under the CMS radar – and more!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Interpret the regulations
- Define the five allowable types of hospice live discharges
- Clarify when a hospice live discharge can be initiated and by whom
- Explain the importance of monitoring, measuring, and benchmarking live discharges
- Identify areas of focus for CMS
- Distinguish how to use hospice PEPPER reports
- Understand the characteristics of programs with problematic live discharges
Live discharges continue to draw the interest of CMS, the OIG, and MedPAC. It is imperative that hospice agencies proactively manage and monitor the complexities related to live discharges. This webinar will review the five types of live discharges, the corresponding regulations, and how to proactively audit and work with frontline staff. Monitoring tools and reports for benchmarking and measuring compliance to prevent unwanted scrutiny will also be covered. Learn the program characteristics of hospices with problematic discharges and what to avoid to remain under the CMS radar.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all leadership, including a strong emphasis for clinical management/supervisors, quality assurance staff, CFOs, medical directors, intake coordinators, staff education RNs, assessment teams, MSWs, and administrators.
- MedPac 2019 CMS Recommendations on Live Discharges
- Hospice Condition Codes for Out of Service Area Discharges
- Hospice live discharges audit tool
- Hospice PEPPER User’s Guide, Ninth Edition
- Medicare Claims Processing Manual
- Valuable links to websites and additional tools
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.