This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Everyday situations can quickly become complex in end-of-life care. Take a deep dive on how a hospice social worker can help deescalate complicated situations or avoid them all together once becoming a team leader.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify five routine situations that create problems for team members
- Recognize five complex situations that require higher levels of thinking, skills, and interventions
- Discuss the role of critical thinking in creating person-centered plans to help address challenging situations
- Identify five personality features that can complicate care – if unprepared
- Describe three approaches for working through emergent situations that can also mitigate your stress and “drama”
- Discuss the social worker’s role as team leader as complex, person-centered solutions are explored
Guiding team members through complex situations as they arise is a main focus area for a hospice social worker. After all, utilizing positive problem-solving skills is what social work is all about. In this webinar, participants will explore several complex situations that should be routine but often present obstacles for team members. Learn about personality features that can complicate situations and how to prepare yourself in advance to keep your own “drama” from taking control. This webinar will also discuss the social worker’s role in leading team members to find well-coordinated and person-centered solutions by elevating your level of thinking and skills.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
Don't Miss the Other Intensive Skills Training for Hospice Social Workers Webinars!
Sign up for the 3-part training course!
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
While this informative webinar is designed to highlight the role of the social worker as a leader when addressing complex situations, all hospice team members and organization leadership will benefit from attending.
- Self-assessment exercise
- Worksheet of common situations that can be resolved by having solid policies/procedures
- Worksheet of complex situations, including critical associated skill sets
- Guide for educating the team on these topics
- Handout with additional lecture notes
- Extensive list of resources and additional web links to learn more about specific topics
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.