This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
With the ever-growing number of home-based employees, the risks of email and social media miscommunication, HIPAA fines, lawsuits, privacy violations, and records disasters are greater than ever. Learn how to protect your patients, staff, and agency from HIPAA violations.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Comply with HIPAA’s Privacy and Security Rules governing e-communications
- Minimize HIPAA risks triggered by email, texting, social media, and mobile devices
- Communicate clearly and compliantly with patients, peers, and other parties
- Write content without triggering legal, regulatory, security, privacy, record, productivity, public relations, or career disasters
- Write conversational, clear, and compliant email and social media posts
- Ensure email and posts are read and acted upon, not ignored and deleted
- Create best-practices-based policies governing social media, email, and other
- Enforce content and compliance rules among onsite and remote employees
- Benefit from expert advice and best-practices-based compliance tips
Inappropriate and unprofessional content is more than a nuisance – it’s a liability. The best way to minimize e-risks is to effectively manage written communication. Content that is ill-conceived, poorly written, or grammatically incorrect can delay decisions, turn off readers, and diminish your professional reputation. Tone-deaf texts and tweets that are harassing, discriminatory, or otherwise offensive can trigger lawsuits and patient dissatisfaction. Content that exposes EPHI, violates patient privacy, or reveals business records can lead to HIPAA fines and legal sanctions.
In the battle for readers’ attention, thoughtfully written, carefully worded, legally compliant messages and posts are crucial. Join us for a comprehensive look at electronic-content risks, writing rules, and compliance best practices. Learn skills and strategies for effective, clear, compliant e-communication with patients, peers, and others. Participants will receive valuable tools to help them create compliant email and social media posts.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Home Care
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for executives, directors, administrators, social workers, human resources staff, marketing staff, compliance personnel, legal teams, recordkeepers, IT staff, privacy officers, and anyone who communicates in healthcare via email and social media.
- Social Media Rules: Guidelines for Creating Effective Social Media Policy
- Great Grammar in Seven Steps
- Netiquette Rules
- PDF of slides and the speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.