Available Exclusively Through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network!
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Qualified, professional, and compliant staff are critical for the success of hospice agencies and meeting accrediting and Medicare standards.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand what a formalized hospice competency program is and discuss why the following areas are crucial:
- Ensuring employees, subcontractors, students, and volunteers are qualified and competent to provide services to patients and perform job responsibilities
- How a lack of competency can lead to deficiencies on start-ups and accredited agencies, creating risk management issues for all agencies
- Recognizing administrators and managers may not understand the requirements and assume in-service and supervisory visits are adequate
- Why a formalized competency program for all staff, including subcontractors, is essential in meeting accrediting and Medicare standards
- Develop and implement a successful competency program
Qualified, professional, and compliant staff are critical for the success of hospice agencies. Despite this, many agencies do not have a formal competency program! Having a formalized competency program for all staff, including subcontractors, is essential to meeting accrediting and Medicare standards. This program will provide an in-depth explanation of what a formalized competency program is and how to successfully develop and implement one within your agency.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session would best suit administrators, managers, and quality-assurance staff.
- Examples of competency assessments
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.