This is a 90-minute webinar.
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Does your agency struggle with nursing or aide documentation, nurse aide oversight and care plan development, hospice eligibility, POC development, audit challenges, and a high percentage of live discharges? Worry not, this webinar is the tool your nurses and aides are looking for!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify Medicare hospice eligibility requirements and documentation needed to support a hospice admission and transparency
- Develop an effective hospice admission plan of care
- Define the four levels of care and documentation required to support each level
- Explain the hospice aide competency evaluation program requirements
- Determine required documentation for the initial assessment, certification of terminal illness content requirements, and ongoing comprehensive nursing assessment
- Identify who is responsible for developing and updating the nurse aide care plan and nurse aide supervision and oversight
Hospice nurses and aides are critical in supporting all aspects of hospice Medicare eligibility, from certification of terminal illness to ongoing visit and IDG documentation. This webinar will delve into the CoPs, hospice eligibility requirements, and how to support eligibility through plan of care (POC) development, ongoing assessments, and POC updates. This webinar will cover best practices for using both nursing and aide services and address common agency compliance challenges and how to avoid them. Learn more about hospice eligibility, the four levels of care, required documentation to support each level, and how to avoid high-risk admissions that may trigger audits. In addition, the webinar will include aide oversight requirements and how to maintain compliance to avoid a survey deficiency.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
Don't Miss the Other CoP Compliance for Hospice Personnel Series Webinars!
Sign up for the 4-part webinar series!
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for nursing leadership, clinical supervisors, RN coordinators and case managers, hospice aides, admission nurses, intake nurses, LVN staff, quality assurance personnel, and all new clinical staff seeking support with hospice eligibility, documentation, and onboarding.
- Creating an Effective Hospice POC fact sheet
- Program Integrity — An Overview for Medicaid Hospice Providers
- OIG Hospice Aide Report brief
- Resource links to:
- Hospice Documentation Audit Tool (checklist)
- Suggestions to Improve Hospice Documentation (CMS handout)
- Hospice electronic CoPs and other valuable websites
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.