The New Hospice 101: Preparing for & Responding to Hospice Audits
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
With increased scrutiny from the federal Office of Inspector General (OIG), the Department of Justice (DOJ), and state and federal auditors, hospice providers must proactively address the most common risk areas and develop robust compliance programs to defend against a hospice audit. This webinar will address the current audit landscape and focus on MICs and ZPICs, two of the most common audits. If your hospice receives an audit, do you have a plan and are you prepared to respond? What if auditors unexpectedly arrive onsite? This session will provide examples of how other hospices have fared when challenged by audits and offer strategies and resources to help if your hospice is audited.
- The current hospice audit landscape
- Risk areas and government focus
- Case examples showing how other hospices prepared and responded to onsite audits
- Methods and criteria for evaluating and improving audit preparation and response processes
- Beware of the friendly ZPIC letter
- Prepare for an actual onsite audit or questions and requests
- Internal investigation process
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- 10 questions every hospice employee should be able to answer
- Checklist for hospice audit interviews and conferences
- Sample dashboard data points
- Sample patient and business record request lists
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be valuable for hospice CEOs, COOs, officers, and compliance managers or directors.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTERS
We provide hospice webinars on compliance, regulations, volunteer management, human resources, ICD-10, billing, post-acute care & other topics. For more information on hospice education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.