Competencies for the Heart of Hospice Care
Thursday, May 18, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Hospices facing increased regulatory scrutiny and financial constraints are struggling to survive. Simply responding with efficient, programmatic strategies can detract from the unique characteristics that are the hallmark of hospice care. Join us as the presenter molds the original principles upon which hospice was founded, guided by 35 years of wisdom gained as a hospice nurse, and leads hospice practitioners on a journey to develop the skills needed to reclaim the mystery as they guide patients and families through end-of-life care.
- Negative impact current business models may be having on hospice care
- Three of 12 core competencies for reclaiming the heart of hospice
- Professional development path that fosters, honors, and celebrates competencies which reclaim the mystery surrounding death
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Mystery watcher’s self-assessment worksheet
- Interview basics for selecting mystery watchers
- Mindful clinical supervision
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for hospice clinicians and their supervisors.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.