Focus on Volunteers: Multi-Generational Perspectives, Programming & Services
Thursday, April 27, 2017
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Per the Bureau of Labor Statistics Volunteering in the United States, 2015, the volunteer rate of 55- to 64-year-olds has declined, while teenagers “continue to have a relatively high volunteer rate, at 26.4 percent.” The demographics of volunteerism have shifted significantly over the past few years. Baby Boomers are heading toward retirement in record numbers. Millennials want to offer their time – but with conditions. Consequently, volunteer managers must accommodate and adjust to these changing desires, needs, and expectations.
This webinar will examine how volunteers are recruited, retained, taught, and assigned. Learn how to include entire families (volunteering as a family unit) in your volunteer workforce. What works well for people of one generation may not work for other generations. The one-size-fits-all model is outdated!
- Volunteer needs, interests, and dynamics of various generations
- Importance of focusing on meaning and purpose when working with Millennials
- Is there a place for virtual volunteering in hospice care?
- Ways to attract professional retirees
- Importance of balancing agency and multi-generational volunteers’ needs – marketing, language used, training, and retaining
- Programs that use the entire family as the volunteer
- Applying information about multi-generational volunteering to hospice programming, recruitment, training, and retention
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Handout with additional lecture notes
- List of resources for key topics
- Multi-generational diversity assessment exercise
- Sample program ideas, including customizable trainings, job descriptions, and policies
- Planning exercise to determine next steps
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative webinar is designed for volunteer managers, volunteers on your steering committee, hospice administrators, and other managers. Much of the information can be used by all team members to understand the specific needs, interests, and special dynamics of the different generations served.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
We provide hospice webinars on compliance, regulations, volunteer management, human resources, ICD-10, billing, post-acute care & other topics. For more information on hospice education and online training opportunities, join our mailing list.