9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Based on the current state of healthcare (increased caseloads, continual regulatory changes, documentation requirements, focus on patient/family satisfaction surveys, etc.), patient care workers in hospice and home care often struggle with time management. Some say, “This is not why I got into this work” or "I give patients and families all the time they need and then stay late to do documentation on my own time.” Add the challenge – and common dynamic – of working with patients/families who have experienced some degree of past/present trauma and it can be difficult to establish personal and professional boundaries or use time effectively. This webinar will provide current data to assist in understanding the critical nature of establishing personal and professional boundaries, especially when working with traumatized people.
ASWB ACE Credits for Social Workers Pending.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
- Define “moral distress” and how this dynamic can contribute to our degree of involvement
- Discuss the connection between trauma and trauma-informed care as it relates to providing patient/family care
- How being either over-involved or under-involved relates to caring for people with traumatic life experiences
- Apply evidence-based skills and interventions to situation examples
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Exercise to assess current team functioning
- Self-assessment exercise
- Trauma-informed care standards worksheet
- Guide to assist in finding the balance between over/under involvement
- Training materials for orientation and ongoing coaching
- Handout with lecture notes
- List of references, bibliography, and additional learning opportunities
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This enlightening webinar is designed for all team members and will use social work standards to serve as an informative guide for all disciplines. Management and leadership will also benefit.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.