This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
During end-of-life care, everyone on the hospice team plays a role in the ongoing process of informed consent. This informative webinar is designed for all team members and will address what truly informed consent entails by using real-life examples.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Discuss what it means to be truly informed
- Differentiate between consent and assent
- List three risks team members often neglect to include
- Explain why a family member cannot sign admission consent forms for a patient with decisional capacity
- Discuss the importance of informed consent as an ongoing process
It is not uncommon to assume that signing admission forms finalizes informed consent. However, informed consent is not a one-time signature; it is an ongoing process. What does that really mean? Who can sign and who cannot? How does assessing decisional capacity relate to informed consent? Throughout the process, hospice team members are required to disclose both the benefits and risks during the end-of-life care. Are your team members aware of the risks? This webinar will use real-life scenarios to explain truly informed consent and how to avoid potential pitfalls.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative webinar is designed for all members of the hospice team, including leadership, social workers, chaplains, bereavement personnel, nurses, clinical managers, volunteer coordinators, and anyone else involved in patient care.
- Organizational assessment checklist
- Individual assessment checklist
- Information to highlight specific situations
- Handout with additional lecture notes
- Extensive list of additional resources at the end of the handout with web links about specific topics
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.