This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
What is your agency’s policy for employee marijuana use at home, at patients’ homes, and in the office? Do you have one? Learn how to implement best practices-based marijuana policies to communicate rules, manage expectations, support productivity, ensure safety, and comply with federal and state laws.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Manage legalized marijuana usage by work-from-home and onsite staff
- Create and enforce best practices-based marijuana policy and procedures
- Comply with federal and state laws governing medical and recreational use
- Know your rights as an employer under state law
- Accommodate medical use to stave off discrimination lawsuits
- Take a considered approach to testing – or risk losing valuable hires and staff
- Weigh zero-tolerance policies vs. turning a blind eye
- Comply with the ADA, FMLA, workers’ comp, and Drug-Free Workplace Act
- Recognize and respond to suspected impairment on the job
- Manage employee expectations, productivity, and safety
- Keep pace with evolving marijuana legislation, case law, and regulations
Is your hospice or home care company prepared to manage legalized marijuana usage by work-from-home employees and onsite staff? With so many people working remotely, employers are increasingly confused and challenged by medical and recreational marijuana use. While marijuana use remains illegal on the federal level, states are swiftly legalizing medical and recreational use.
Regardless of where your state stands, now is the time for HR professionals and employers to address the risks and challenges posed by remote and onsite marijuana use. Effective marijuana policies and procedures are at the heart of workplace cannabis management. This webinar is designed to help organizations understand, prepare for, and manage marijuana use (at home, patients’ homes, and the office) in compliance with policy, best practices, and the law. As the march toward nationwide legalization continues, don’t leave cannabis compliance to chance. Attend this program to learn the ABCs of evolving laws and effective marijuana policy and procedures for all employees.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Home Care
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must for human resources professionals, administrators, managers, executives, training managers, compliance officers, and legal professionals. Anyone responsible for writing, implementing, and enforcing marijuana policy and legal compliance for your agency will benefit.
- Whitepaper, Marijuana Policy & Best Practices: Handling Employee Medical & Recreational Use
- Legalized marijuana resource list and links
- PDF of slides and the speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.