This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Hospice social workers and chaplains are critical IDG members. However, they are often underutilized, misunderstood, or not used to full effect with regulations, compliance, and reimbursement. Learn how to change that!
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Explain common documentation compliance challenges and how to avoid them
- Define social work and chaplain visit frequency requirements per the CoPs
- Appreciate how social workers can impact agency revenues and determine whether your agency is maximizing social work revenue
- Describe social worker and chaplain roles in the comprehensive assessment and plan of care updates, whether patient visits have occurred or not
The Hospice Conditions of Participation (CoPs) include counseling services as a core hospice requirement. This webinar will review how social workers and chaplains support hospice eligibility through assessment, documentation, and individualized plans of care. It will also cover social work/spiritual care comprehensive assessment guidelines and timeframes, initial and ongoing documentation compliance, visit frequency compliance, and levels of care. Discover how to strengthen social work and chaplain engagement and utilization and how to address compliance challenges when they are unable to make initial or regularly scheduled visits. A chat box will be provided for questions during the live webinar and access to an exclusive online forum will be available for all attendees after the live date.
NEW! ONLINE FORUM FEATURE
Your webinar registration gives you access to a complementary private forum to connect with Kathy Ahearn, the program coordinator, and other webinar attendees. This online forum allows you to submit questions, provide feedback, connect with others, find solutions, and so much more in a safe and welcoming virtual community! In this “new normal” era of online learning and social distancing, let’s get connected and stay connected.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is valuable for social workers, chaplains, bereavement coordinators, volunteer coordinators/managers, DONs, hospice clinical leadership, administrators, CFOs, board members, QAPI personnel, intake staff, and medical directors.
- Social Work Assessment Tool (SWAT) Guidelines for Use and Completion
- Weblinks and valuable resources including:
- PsychoSocial eDocs EMR Forms Patient Care Checklist
- Suggestions for Improved Documentation to Support Medicare Hospice Services
- Creating an Effective Hospice Plan of Care
- Hospice Documentation Audit Tool
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.