Thursday, September 20, 2018
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
The healthcare industry has long been aware of the pressing need for legal and regulatory compliance and the steep cost of noncompliance. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and courts often impose steep HIPAA fines and legal judgments on providers who mismanage electronic content, violate patient privacy, have inadequate record retention policies, fail to secure EPHI, or are slow to produce subpoenaed email. Hospices and home care providers cannot afford to ignore electronic compliance rules.
This program will reveal why and how hospices and home care providers must develop and implement strategic email, social media, mobile device, and web compliance management programs that combine formal policies with employee education and reliable technology. Consequences of noncompliance can include litigation, HIPAA fines, security breaches, malicious intruder attacks, lost productivity, business interruption, and public embarrassment. Learn how to implement strategic electronic compliance management combining policy, training, and technology.
- How a strategic compliance management program can help anticipate and deflect legal liabilities, regulatory disasters, security breaches, and other electronic risks
- Best practices to ensure legal, regulatory, and organizational compliance
- Why and how you must preserve, protect, and produce electronic business records
- Creating effective email, web, social media, and mobile device policies
- Conducting an annual e-policy audit
- Best practices to manage content, use, records, and risks
- The 3Es of electronic compliance management
- Enforcing e-policies at work, home, and on the road
- Tips for effective e-policy training
- Supporting policy with best-in-class technology tools
- Monitoring rules: reconciling privacy expectations with legal realities
- Real-life electronic disaster stories
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Fact Sheet: Netiquette Rules
- Tip Sheet: Writing Effective Email: Communications Channels Best Practices
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must for human resources managers, lawyers, compliance officers, IT directors, privacy officers, directors, administrators, and others responsible for electronic policy and compliance management. It will also benefit anyone who communicates via email, social media, mobile devices, or the web.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.