This is a 90-minute webinar.
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
COVID-19 restrictions and social distancing present many challenges for hospice counseling and grief support team members. Learn the latest in e-counseling and delve into the challenges, ethical considerations, creative programming ideas, and so much more in this timely webinar.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define counseling as it applies to the various IDT roles
- Discuss relevant scope-of-practice guidelines
- List three methods for providing e-counseling
- List four ethical challenges specifically related to e-counseling
- Explain HIPAA guidelines, including COVID-19 exemptions
- Discuss several creative programming methods for providing e-services
Medicare requires that hospices provide “counseling,” but the CoPs do not clearly define or outline what that means. Counseling is not emotional support. It is important to remember that during these times of COVID-19 restrictions and social distancing. Staff and caregivers must be even more skillful and creative about how to provide counseling. This webinar will focus on various e-methods for providing counseling, including ethical considerations, dos and don’ts, maximizing telephone contacts, and other available electronic face-to-face approaches. It will also address programming ideas to ensure that isolated patients/families receive the best possible care during this pandemic. During the live webinar participants will be able to submit challenges and solutions they have experienced with e-counseling and share their thoughts with the group.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative webinar is designed to elevate the skill level of all team members who provide counseling, including social workers, chaplains, bereavement professionals, nurses, physicians, professional volunteers, and others. Leadership and management will also benefit from exploring expanded possibilities and better ways to care for those we serve.
- Ethical considerations guide
- Staff discussion guide addressing current COVID-19 counseling challenges
- Links to applicable HIPAA guidance
- List of creative programing ideas
- Exercise with possible scenarios, including methods/techniques and interventions
- Extensive resource list covering specific interventions and approaches
- Handout with lecture notes
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.