Thursday, June 14, 2018
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
This webinar will examine the first three elements of an effective compliance program:
- Written policies, procedures, and standards of conduct
- Compliance program administration by the compliance officer and compliance committee
- Effective training and education
Learn each element’s components, how to measure effectiveness, and tips for reviewing commonly overlooked areas. Are your policies, procedures, and standards of conduct written at an appropriate education level? What is legal counsel’s role in compliance? Does the compliance committee charter support activities? What does training include? Does your organization exhibit a culture of compliance, and how can you demonstrate that? Attend this two-part series to ensure you understand the essential elements of an effective compliance program.
- Best practices for policies, procedures, standards of conduct, and hospice risk areas
- OIG expectations for policies, procedures, and standards of conduct for staff and vendors
- How to determine whether the compliance officer has the authority expected by the OIG to carry out the necessary duties outlined in the job description
- Compliance committee composition, authority, and meeting requirements and content
- Training elements, including who to train, frequency and hours, and assessing effectiveness
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Summary of OIG expectations specific to policies and procedures, standards of conduct, program administration, education, and training
- Website references
Don't Miss the Other Compliance Series Webinars!
Sign up for the 2-part series!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is best suited for compliance professionals and committee members, regulatory and quality staff, administrators, managers, and board members.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.