This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Let’s move beyond “supportive” and focus on providing specific counseling interventions that fit the person’s risk level. Learn how to assess if someone is low-, medium-, or high-risk and which framework will ensure the highest level of psychological care.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Differentiate grief and sadness from depression
- Distinguish support from counseling
- Discuss one method to conduct a bereavement risk assessment
- List risk factors that require a skilled-counseling approach beginning at admission
- Explain the use of two theoretical counseling frameworks to provide grief counseling specifically in complex situations
Conducting a bereavement risk assessment at the time of hospice admission is not only integral to providing quality care – it’s also required. It is imperative that qualified staff assess and provide risk-level-specific counseling interventions through the hospice stay and following death. Are your team members providing appropriate high-risk counseling interventions? Being “supportive” is clearly not adequate for someone who is high risk, but what is? This webinar will focus on identifying risks related to complex situations and then apply specific counseling interventions to situation examples.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
THIS WEBINAR BENEFITS THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session has been developed to assist social workers, chaplains, and other qualified team members to skillfully address complex grief.
- Self-assessment exercise
- Organization assessment exercise
- Risk assessment guidelines and examples
- Counseling guide specifically related to complex grief
- Worksheet to highlight specific situations
- Handout with lecture notes and an extensive list of resources with web links related to specific topics discussed in the webinar
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.