This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Community-based palliative care is well positioned to be the bridge across the continuum of care settings as we move to a more patient-centric healthcare system.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify candidates for a community-based palliative care (CBPC) program
- Define requirements of a CBPC program
- Discuss the value of community-based palliative care
- Evaluate if a community needs a CBPC program
- Identify what payer sources are requiring of CBPC programs
- Explain the difference between hospice and palliative care and how your agency can integrate palliative care into the community
There is strong evidence proving community-based palliative care can significantly impact quality of life, resulting in more compassionate, affordable, and sustainable high-quality care, including improving hospice use. Many hospital systems have palliative care programs, but after discharge the continuation of palliative care in a community-based program continues to be a challenge.
This webinar will address the benefits and value of a community-based palliative care program, including how palliative care can serve people during a national health crisis like COVID-19. It will examine key program principles and requirements and how to identify potential integration and growth areas. Payer source opportunities for program integration will also be covered. Characteristics and best practices of CBPC programs will be reviewed to help your agency benchmark for quality, policies, and training.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Any agency considering expanding their services and programs into the community with palliative care should attend. This webinar is recommended for everyone in the organization, including board members, executive management, leadership, administration, DOPCS personnel, clinical leaders, medical directors, business development teams, marketing and liaison staff, palliative care certified MDs, case managers, intake staff, quality and compliance personnel, admission team nurses, and field staff.
- The Case for Community-Based Palliative Care
- Palliative Care in the Home: A Guide to Program Design
- Clinical Practice Guidelines for Quality Palliative Care
- Financing Community-Based Palliative Care
- Standardization and Scaling of a Community-Based Palliative Care Model
- America’s Care of Serious Illness, A State-By-State Report Card on Access to Palliative Care in Our Nation’s Hospitals (2019)
- Valuable weblinks to CBPC information
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.