Available Exclusively Through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network!
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Are you communicating with patients, peers, and external parties in a legally compliant manner? Do your email messages, social media posts, text messages, and other online content adhere to HIPAA guidelines and the law? When it comes to email, social media, web, and mobile device management, the healthcare industry has long been aware of the pressing need for legal and regulatory compliance – and the steep cost of noncompliance. It’s not uncommon for HHS and courts to impose seven-figure HIPAA fines and legal judgments on providers who mismanage email content, violate patient privacy, have inadequate record retention, fail to secure EPHI, or are slow to turn over subpoenaed email. Your organization cannot afford to play fast and loose with legal and regulatory compliance.
This program will teach you how to avoid the top 10 legal and compliance mistakes of email, social media, mobile devices, and other electronic communication tools. Learn why (and how) hospices and home care providers must develop and implement strategic compliance management programs that combine formal policies with employee education and proven-reliable technology – or face potentially costly consequences, including litigation, HIPAA fines, security breaches, malicious intruder attacks, lost productivity, business interruptions, and public embarrassment.
- Avoiding the top 10 legal and compliance mistakes associated with electronic communications
- Answers to healthcare providers’ most pressing questions about email, mobile devices, social media, the web, and other forms of electronic communication
- HIPAA and legal requirements regarding email, text messaging, and mobile device use
- Legal and regulatory risks associated with social media
- Common EPHI privacy and security compliance mistakes
- Electronic business records – avoiding mismanaged and misplaced records
- Costly consequences of noncompliance – accidental, intentional, organizational, or individual
- Timely information, expert advice, best practices, and compliance tips to implement immediately
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Social Media Rules: Guidelines for Creating Effective Social Media Policy
- Mobile Device Compliance Checklist: Best Practices for Effective BYOD & COPE Programs
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is a must for HR managers, lawyers, compliance officers, IT directors, privacy officers, directors, administrators, and others who are responsible for electronic policy and compliance management programs. Anyone who communicates online will benefit.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.