This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Presence, authenticity, vulnerability, and openness. Discover how to obtain and use these valuable skills – and teach patients and families to do the same.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Articulate the concept of “giving psychology away”
- Discuss how “the real work begins after we leave”
- Explain the role of related professional and personal boundaries
- Distinguish between an authentic and a humanistic counseling approach
- Teach these important skills to patients and their support circles
It is vitally important for chaplains, social workers, and bereavement teams to have the ability to “be present.” When we are with people who are ill and their loved ones, it is even more important to teach patients and families to be present for one another. Presence, authenticity, vulnerability, and openness will be discussed in this presentation. Pathways will be provided to help understand which part of these are for us to utilize in our work and how/when to share these critical approaches with patients and families.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
Don't Miss the Other 2021 Hospice Social Worker & Chaplain Series Webinars!
Sign up for the 3-part webinar series!
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will best suit chaplains, social workers, counselors, team leaders, leadership, and professional volunteers.
- Discussion guide to use with leadership, staff, and volunteers
- Self-assessment exercise
- Sample counseling conversation utilizing a specific theoretical framework
- Extensive handout with lecture notes and additional learning opportunities
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.