10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Most staff are aware that there are processes and scales used to assess acuity related to pain and symptom management. Yet if someone asked about the comparable processes and tools used to assess psychosocial and spiritual acuity, would you know how to respond? This webinar will focus on how chaplains and social workers assess suffering and how to determine levels of acuity. This skill set is critical to determining risk levels, understanding where social workers and chaplains are needed most, and what skills are necessary when they arrive.
- Discuss the critical role of chaplains and social workers when responding to high levels of acuity, especially at admission
- Review tools that are useful in determining acuity levels
- Present skills and interventions chaplains and social workers can use to address various levels of acuity
- Review approaches to provide coordinated team intensive interventions
- Apply above resources, skills, and interventions to case example
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Skills/knowledge base checklist exercise
- Follow-up exercise teams can use to better understand the roles of chaplains and social workers in these situations
- Psychosocial acuity tool for hospice and another for palliative care settings
- Spiritual acuity tool for the hospice setting
- Handout with additional lecture notes
- Extensive list of resources at the end of the handout and additional resources about specific topics throughout the handout
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
While this informative webinar is designed for social workers and chaplains, all hospice team members and managers will benefit from attending. Understanding the critical role of chaplains and social workers in the presence of high levels of acuity is important information for all team members.
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.