9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Emergency preparedness plans now require a complete risk assessment on pandemics. Has your agency set up a comprehensive surveillance infection control and prevention program specific to the novel COVID-19 pandemic risk?
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Describe the benefits of a comprehensive surveillance program
- Establish and implement a comprehensive surveillance program during the novel COVID-19 pandemic
- Recognize high-risk areas to incorporate into your surveillance plan
- Explain the three key pandemic surveillance components in infection control and prevention, including critical public health actions for each
- Choose which assessment tools to incorporate into your surveillance program
- Integrate and report infection control surveillance data into your QAPI report
The world is experiencing a pandemic known as novel COVID-19. Regulation updates to emergency preparedness plans (EPPs) now require a complete pandemic risk assessment. This webinar will teach agencies the necessary components of an infection control and prevention surveillance program, focusing on novel COVID-19. Current regulations around infection control and prevention and the three components of pandemic surveillance will be reviewed, including the data to collect, trends to track, and agency actions for both patients and staff. Learn how to integrate data and findings into your QAPI report for effective patient management during a pandemic.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to agency clinical leadership and management, including quality assurance staff, education personnel, medical directors, human resources staff, administrators, nursing directors, IT staff, and clinical liaisons who serve the community.
- CDC Infection Control Assessment Tool for Outpatient Settings
- CDC Infection Control Assessment Tool for Long-term Care Facilities
- WHO Guidance for Surveillance During an Influenza Pandemic
- COVID-19 surveillance guidelines
- CMS Guidance for Infection Control and Prevention Concerning Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) by Hospice Agencies
- Web links for:
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVD-19) interim infection prevention and control recommendations for patients with suspected or confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in healthcare settings
- CDC infection control guidelines
- CDC recommendations for infection control in facilities and many more
- Interactive quiz
DON'T MISS THIS RELATED WEBINAR!
|"Pandemic & Emergency Preparedness: COVID-19 & What Healthcare Professionals Need to Know"
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.