This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Functioning in an interdisciplinary manner is not the normal state of being in healthcare. Gary Gardia will walk you through the common challenges of IDG meetings and provide practical methods to overcome them. Participants will learn how to clarify their role and achieve goals through shared responsibility for better patient/family care.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Discuss common challenges inherent in IDG meetings
- List four ways to work through problems presented in meetings
- Explore methods to ensure all team members understand their roles in problem solving before leaving the meeting
- List three ways to ensure that better meetings do not mean longer meetings
- Explain two ways to ensure meeting decisions are tracked and debriefed
The interdisciplinary group meeting is just one of numerous problem-solving models available. However, IDG meetings can present unique challenges. Who makes the final decision? Who follows up with the group to determine if the agreed upon strategies worked? Are team members in the room even listening or are they writing their shopping lists? This webinar will address many of the common IDG challenges and present methods to solve patient/family problems through focused interdisciplinary discussions. It will also emphasize ensuring all team members are aware of their roles in developing a plan and achieving goals.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This enlightening webinar is designed for all team members, especially those in charge of leading team meetings. Senior leadership will also benefit as the information provided will lead to more effective team functioning and improved patient/family care.
- IDG assessment exercise
- Leadership guide
- Discussion guide for team input
- Planning exercise
- Handout with lecture notes
- List of references and additional learning opportunities
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.