This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
CMS is prioritizing infection control surveys, increasing penalties for noncompliance, and holding agencies to a higher standard of accountability and care. This webinar will ensure your staff and agency are properly prepared for a focused infection control survey.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Distinguish areas needing additional preparation for a focused infection control survey
- Use the CMS infection control survey tool
- Define the CMS/AO-focused infection control survey process
- Explain additional surveillance required
- Differentiate between home and facility infection control survey requirements
Under section 1135(b)(5) of the Act, CMS is prioritizing surveys, including those addressing infection control. CMS and State Survey Agencies (SSAs) are conducting targeted infection control surveys of select home health and hospice providers to ensure compliance with infection control practices during the COVID-19 public health emergency. Since a survey can be triggered based on the number of positive COVID-19 cases in an area or agency, you must be prepared for a focused infection control survey by your state or accrediting agency.
This webinar will explain where to concentrate your efforts for a focused infection control survey within the home and facility and identify the triggers that could prompt it. The program will also review and highlight precautions, policies, procedures, plans, education, surveillance, and monitoring that surveyors focus on. Join us to learn the elements of a focused infection control survey and how to prepare, as well as the evidence surveyors expect to see. Infection surveillance and use of transmission-based precautions will also be addressed.
Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit all staff involved in infection control in accordance with the CoPs. It will be especially beneficial to management, leadership, quality assurance and infection control staff, education team members, liaisons, and intake personnel.
- CMS guidelines and checklist: COVID-19 Focused Infection Control Survey: Acute and Continuing Care
- COVID-19 Focused Survey Protocol
- CDC guideline and visual tools for appropriate PPE education
- CMS/CARES Act funding deficiencies information
- Links to valuable websites and resources
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.