9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
With the sustained growth in Medicare-eligible recipients, it is critical to stay on top of payment models, participation criteria, documentation requirements, the regulatory environment and rule changes. Ensure your organization is up-to-date and prepared for the foreseeable future.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify various CMS hospice payment models and participation criteria
- Distinguish between the three CMS direct contracting payment models
- Distinguish which Medicare CoPs present a challenge for hospice agency surveys
- Analyze the hospice consumer population of the future
- Explain why hospice documentation is critical
- Recognize and understand potential changes to the hospice cap
- Identify areas of concern in recent OIG reports to CMS
There has been an immense increase of Medicare recipients electing the hospice benefit. More baby boomers are becoming Medicare eligible daily, there are CMS payment model reforms, and more than ever, people are choosing to die at home. This is also a time when the OIG continues to recommend greater oversight of hospice providers. What will this mean for hospice and palliative care agencies in 2021?
Join us for a deep dive into the Medicare hospice eligibility benefit and the variety of payment models being introduced. Anticipated changes to the hospice benefit will be covered in-depth, including preparations and reporting. The webinar will also address common regulatory deficiencies and causes and identify which type of documentation is critical for the foreseeable future.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all hospice leadership, including CEOs, directors of patient services, clinical managers, supervisors, medical directors, and board members. Intake staff, business development teams, liaisons, and quality and performance improvement staff will also benefit.
- Medicare Hospice Benefit Guidelines for Eligibility
- Value-Based Insurance Design Model Incorporation of the Medicare Hospice Benefit into Medicare Advantage
- Hospice GIP audit tool
- OIG Reports – Safeguards Must Be Strengthened To Protect Medicare Hospice Beneficiaries From Harm
- MedPac – Hospice Deficiencies Pose Risks to Medicare Beneficiaries
- Update to Hospice Payment Rates, Hospice Cap, Hospice Wage Index and Hospice Pricer for FY 2020
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization's use only.